1. Bahua, ye kya kiya?
After a lot of mainstream jazz, a major threshold point only came in the last couple of years. A variety of niche films carved their way amongst the commercial masala entertainers. Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari-directed Bareilly Ki Barfi was one such game-changer. Ingenious characters set against a typical Uttar Pradesh (Bhojpuri) backdrop, namely Bitti Mishra, Chirag Dubey and Pritam Vidrohi. Put that in a mix with unforgettable deliveries by Kriti Sanon, Ayushmann Khurrana and National Award winner Rajkummar Rao.
The sweetness of this dessert called Bareilly ki Barfi is best served when garnished with some typical UP dialogues and punch lines. Bitti’s bedhadak boldness, Chirag’s lallan taap attitude and Pritam’s vidroh wala pyaar – all strive to push the film to steps of glory, and succeed so with some help from these witty phrases and one-liners.
Here are 10 such dialogues that you need to get a hang of, in order to be a badass babua
2. Rajkummar Rao is beyond par excellence in this film! Matlab, baaja phad diya tum lalla
Remember this scene from the film? Rajkummar simply killed it.
4. When Rajkummar rightfully calls out India’s obsession with good looks in matters of marriage
5. That moment when Dubey ji enters the gray area…bakayda!
6. Chirag’s jigri yaar is every best friend ever
7. Haven't we all heard this from our mother like literally every single day of our lives?
9. Must say, Bitti's father had one wicked sense of geography and life
10. The way Mrs. Mishra spikes her concern with coats of sarcasm, dil khush kar diye!
Seema Pahwa as Bitti’s mother has been a delight to watch!
Which of these dialogues do you remember from the film? Write to us with your replies in the comments box below.
Missed watching the movie? Catch Bareilly ki Barfi on ZEE5 now!