There are no second thoughts about Ekagrah Dwivedi being the cutest Bal Hanuman on TV ever! Essaying the character of Maruti on Kahat Hanuman Jai Shri Ram, Ekagrah has garnered love and appreciation at such a tender age! Merely five years old, he celebrated his 5th birthday on 11 March 2020. The cast and crew of the &TV show, along with Ekagrah, gathered on the set in Naigaon (Mumbai) to cut his giant laddoo shaped birthday cake. After the event, ZEE5 interviewed the birthday boy to know some of his firsts and favourites! Read the exclusive chat below:
1. How do you feel about celebrating your birthday on the set with the cast for the first time?
I feel great! I told Anjani mata (Sneha Wagh) that we will cut the smaller cake first and then go to the big laddoo cake! She agreed and I was happy. When I saw the laddoo cake, I thought that it would be laddoo flavoured only. But when I ate it, it turned out to be chocolate flavoured, which surprised me. I ate it anyway! (laughs)
2. Who do you like the most on the set of Kahat Hanuman Jai Shri Ram?
I like Anjani mata and Kesari pitaji both. I love my TV mamma-papa as well as my real mamma-papa. I like everybody!
3. What values has the show taught you that you wouldn’t have learnt at school maybe?
Because I don’t get time from shooting, I don’t go to school as yet. I study on the set mostly. But when I was younger, my grandmother had told me stories of Hanuman ji, Ram ji, Shiv ji and everyone else. She has taught me a lot about Ramayana!
4. Do you watch your own show when it airs on television every day?
Yes, I do sometimes. But when we are shooting and I don’t get time, I get a notification on my mamma’s phone and then I watch it on the ZEE5 app!
5. Who is your favourite hero in Bollywood?
I love Tiger Shroff and Salman Khan both!
6. Which is your favourite Bollywood movie?
I like all the parts of Dabangg. I also love Baaghi 2 and 3 of Tiger Shroff!
7. Which subject do you love to study the most?
I like A, B, C, D (English) and Maths!
8. Who is your favourite hero/person on the set?
I love Bali kaka aka Nirbhay Wadhwa! Though in the story of the show he troubles me, in real life, he loves me a lot!
9. How do you learn and memorise such difficult dialogues in shudh Hindi on the show?
My mamma teaches me a line the first time. Then, my Assistant Director (AD) revises it with me. If I forget my lines while giving a shot, I ask the crew again. And even when I know my lines, I reread them on the set to be sure!
10. We know that Maruti loves to eat! But what is Ekagrah’s favourite dish to eat?
I love all the dishes. Just like Maruti, I like to eat everything edible!
11. Lastly, what would you say to your fans and viewers who follow your show?
I would say, please watch Kahat Hanuman Jai Shri Ram without fail! And please keep showering your love on us. Our serial is running only because of you people. Thank you!