The audience loves to watch And TV’s popular show Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain for its unique yet simple concept. The show completes 4 years on 02 March 2019. It was the success of this show that the makers decided to take a spin-off with a new show Happu Ki Ultan Paltan. This new show is based on the famous character of Happu Singh played by the actor Yogesh Tripathi.
Watch the latest episodes of Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain below:
With this character, there are many new characters introduced in the show, which includes the veteran actress Himani Shivpuri playing the role of Amma ( Happu Singh’s Mother). Known for her supporting roles in Bollywood films and Hindi TV serials, the actress is a part of the film and TV industry for a very long time. But the little did we know that the actress debuted into the film industry when we were not even born(90’s kids). Surprising isn’t it? Here are more facts about the Hum Apke Hai Kaun actress you probably didn’t know:
- Born on 24 October 1960 she hails from Dehradun, Uttrakhand.
- About her Educational Qualification, she is a Postgraduate (Organic Chemistry).
- She Debuted with the film Ab Ayega Mazaa in 1984 and entered the TV industry with Serial Yatra in 1986.
- She preferred to join National School Of Drama over the scholarship of studying in America for advanced studies.
- She married Gyaan Shivpuri, who passed away in 1995. She has a son, Katyayan.
- She was fascinated by theatre since childhood. She used to bunk her classes to watch films.
- The person who encouraged her to join the National School Of Drama was her father. She also directed a play called Sunhare Sapne based on the story written by her father.
- She holds workshops of acting for the poor people who aspire to be actors, in Dehradun.
- Himani has worked in many Bollywood blockbuster movies like Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Hum Saath-Saath Hain: We Stand United, Vaastav: The Reality and Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon.
We often credit the lead stars for the success of a film or a TV show, but we must also know that it is also the dedication of all the supporting actors without whom the success wouldn’t be possible. The best example for us is that one character of Happu Singh, who was introduced for a single episode, but he is now all set to come up with an independent show of his own. Quite motivating, isn’t it?
Watch the evergreen classic Hum Aapke Hai Kaun on ZEE5 for free!