Post Vishal Karwal’s exit from And TV’s popular mythological show Paramavatar Shri Krishna, actor Himanshu A. Malhotra was roped in to play the character of Lord Vishnu. While there were huge expectations and big shoes to fill, Himanshu surprised all of us with his brilliant portrayal of Lord Vishnu. He pulled it off with such ease in spite of never having played a mythological character ever in his acting career.
Watch the latest episode of the show below:
So have you also become a big fan of Himanshu, who is dying to know more about the man behind the character?
Here are some unknown and interesting facts about Himanshu:
- Himanshu wanted to become a cricketer which he pursued for many years, but it never made it to the national level.
- The actor got his first break when he participated in a television show Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj in the year 2004.
- After making it big on TV, he made his acting debut in Bollywood with crime thriller Wajah Tum Ho (2016), where he was cast in a negative role.
- Apart from acting, he became an associate producer for the first time with the film Gali Guleiyan (2018) in which actor Manoj Bajpayee plays the lead along with Shahana Goswami and Ranvir Shorey.
- He likes reading non-fiction books based on biographies, history, religion, spirituality, and self-help. According to him, reading makes him empathetic as he gains a better understanding of people and the world.
- He loves travelling.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is his favourite actor. He also admires actor Irrfan Khan’s work.
- He has anchored chat shows.
- Is happily married to the Marathi actress Amruta Khanvilkar. The couple tied the knot on January 24, 2015, in Delhi after being in a relationship for more than a decade.
- His younger brother Mohit Malhotra is also a popular TV actor.
From Bollywood to Cricket, this side of the actor was known to few of his fans. Thanks to his social media that we got to know so much about the actor.
Which fact about the actor was a total surprise for you? Let us know in the comments section below.